If you’re trying to build a Twitter presence, you need followers. But simply having a Twitter account won’t attract followers. You have to put some work into it before people will start flocking to your Twitter page.
Here are 7 easy ways to get more Twitter followers.
- Get listed in Twitter directories—There are a number of popular Twitter directories out there you can get a categorized listing in, such as WeFollow, Twellow, and JustTweetIt. When you claim your listings, make sure to categorize your profile properly so searchers can find you.
- Include a Twitter badge on your website—Embed a badge on your website showcasing your Twitter profile. You can have a static badge that links to your profile or an active Feed that shows your latest Tweets.
- Put your Twitter info on your print marketing materials—You can include your Twitter address on your business cards, advertisements, brochures…you name it. The more you get it out there, the more followers you’ll get.
- Hold a contest—I’ve seen a number of different companies use Twitter to host contests, helping them build brand recognition. For example, you could offer a giveaway once you hit a certain number of followers.
- Be worth following—No amount of promotion is going to get you a lot of loyal followers if the content you Tweet sucks. Simply put, make sure you’re Follow-worthy.
- Rub elbows with influencers—Identify the influencers in your niche and start interacting with them. ReTweet their content, engage in conversations with @replies, and do whatever it takes to get their attention. Eventually, they may start ReTweeting you and talking you up to their followers.
- Use hash tags wisely—By adding #hashtags to your Tweets, you make your content easier to be found. This is a way of categorizing your Tweets so people who are interested in the subject can find it and follow you.
What are some of your tricks for attracting more Twitter followers? Share them by leaving a comment below.
Posted on Fri, February 25, 2011
by Brian Waraksa filed under