10 Easy Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website
To start, I’d like to say that traffic isn’t everything. If the only metric you’re concerned with is traffic to your website, you’re not getting the full story. Quality of the traffic is what really matters. I’ve always said I’d rather have 100 well-qualified visitors to my website than 1,000 visitors who aren’t interested in what I’m offering.
Having said that, traffic does still matter, and if your website isn’t getting any, you’re probably in trouble. So how can you get more traffic to your website? Here are some tips to help you out.
- Blog regularly—A typical business website won’t earn a whole lot of traffic standing on its own. That’s where blogging comes in handy. By attaching a blog to your website, you can create fresh content several times a week that appeals to a wide audience.
- Get active on the social networks—Twitter, Facebook, and even LinkedIn can be great places for promoting your website and driving quality traffic. Just make sure that you take the time to interact with others and build relationships as only then will people respond to your promotional efforts.
- Guest post—Guest blogging around the web increases your visibility and it allows you to include links back to your website in your author bio. Try to guest blog regularly, and mix it up by posting on a variety of blogs.
- Optimize your website—Make sure your website is optimized for maximum search engine performance. By focusing your website on keywords that drive qualified traffic, you can bring more customers to your website.
- Build quality back links—Link building is an important part of SEO. But not only do the links help your website rank better in the search engines, they also deliver traffic from people clicking on them.
- List your website on all marketing collateral—Make sure your web address is on all of your advertisements, brochures, business cards, flyers, and more.
- Offer giveaways—Everyone loves something for free. By offering free whitepapers, eBooks, tools, product demos, or articles, you can create a viral effect as people pass around your freebies to all their friends and colleagues.
- Participate in online groups as an expert—There are various online groups and forums for your industry all across the web. Find them and become a top contributor/expert resource. By positioning yourself as an authority, people will visit your website to learn more about you.
- Put your web address in your email signature—If you do a lot of emailing (and who doesn’t?), having your website link in your email signature can earn you a lot of clicks.
- Buy PPC ads—It’s the fastest and easiest way to get visible in the search engines and drive quality traffic. Pay per click ads in Google can help you get displayed any time a customer searches for a targeted keyword.
What are some other easy ways to drive website traffic?
Posted on Wed, September 22, 2010
by Brian Waraksa filed under