Should You Hire a Marketing Firm?
When it comes to marketing your company, you have two basic options: you can either handle all of your marketing in house or you can hire a marketing firm to do it for you. Most companies opt to hire an outside marketing consultant for several reasons:
- .They don’t have the time to handle their own marketing
- They lack the in-depth knowledge to create effective marketing strategies
- They don’t have the budget to hire in-house marketing consultants
These are all excellent points to consider, especially the last point. If you’re running a small business, you probably can’t afford to hire even one extra employee to manage your marketing campaign, considering the costs of salary, vacation time, healthcare, etc.
Hiring a marketing firm can not only save your company money, but it also lets you get connected with experienced marketing professionals who have the knowledge and resources to help you get good exposure for your business.
Of course, not all marketing companies are the same, so it’s important that you take your time when choosing the marketing firm you want to work with.
You should plan on interviewing at least 2 or 3 marketing companies before making your decision. Prepare a list of questions that include the following:
- What is your experience? You don’t want your company’s fate to be in the hands of someone who’s learning on the job. You need an experienced marketing company that has a proven track record of helping businesses grow. The best marketing companies will be able to show you a strong portfolio and provide references.
- How will you determine which tactics to use for my company? No two companies are the same, so your company shouldn’t get stuck with a one-size-fits-all marketing campaign. A good marketing company will take the time to truly get to know your company and your objectives, using this information to develop a strategy and determine which tactics are best suited to your needs.
- Will you track the results of my campaign? You need to know you’re not just throwing money away on your marketing. A good marketing firm tracks everything to show you the results your campaign is generating.
- How much will this cost? While you should never choose a marketing firm based on price alone, the reality is that you have a budget to consider. Make sure you’re getting a good value on your marketing.
What are some other questions to ask when interviewing a marketing firm? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Posted on Mon, May 16, 2011
by Brian Waraksa filed under