If you have a website, you’re never really done working on it. There are always little tweaks you can make to improve the look, usability, and relevance of your website. In short, you want to keep your website fresh and make sure it’s performing as best as it possibly can.
So, what are some easy ways you can improve your website? Most of these changes you can make on your own, but if you prefer to let the experts do it, a good web design company can easily implement these updates for you.
- Place your logo on each page—Adding a logo to each page of your site is a good way to brand your website and help it really pop. If you don’t have a logo, a good logo design firm can create one that captures the essence of your brand and makes a memorable impression on your customers.
- Embed a social plugin—The days of static websites are long gone. This is a new web. It’s a social web. You need to make your websites more social. One easy way to do this is to embed plugins that feed your Twitter and Facebook profiles into your website.
- Add a search box—If your website doesn’t already have a search box, adding one is a great way to enhance the user experience. A good search box lets visitors instantly find the information they’re looking for without having to dig through your website.
- Target new keywords on extra pages—Chances are, there are still more valuable keywords your website could be targeting. Do some keyword research, and add new pages for the most relevant keywords. This will help you maximize your search engine presence.
- Make sure important content is above the fold—Most visitors spend their time looking at content above the fold of your website. If you have important information hidden at the bottom where visitors have to scroll to see it, you’re making a big mistake.
- Double check for any typos—Typos make you look unprofessional. It’s that simple. So, go over your website content with a fine-toothed comb and make sure everything is perfect.
- Make sure your content is still current—If you haven’t update the main pages on your website in a while, there’s a good chance that the information on it isn’t current anymore. Take a look at all of the pages on your website, and verify that the information is still current and accurate.
- Improve linking structure—Strong internal linking helps you guide visitors through your website in a logical manner. What’s more is it is good for search engine optimization.
There are all different types of simple updates you can make to your website to keep it fresh and effective. If you need help, a good graphic design firm can do everything for you.
Posted on Fri, October 29, 2010
by Brian Waraksa filed under