Are you thinking about hiring a graphic design firm to create your marketing and advertising materials? If so, you probably already know that there are dozens of design companies for you to choose from. You also probably know that not all of these design companies are the same. If you choose the wrong design company, you could end up causing damage to your brand and wasting your money.
So how can you be certain that the logo design and graphic design company you choose is right for your needs? Here are the most important traits to look for in your design company.
Choosing the right graphic design firm doesn’t have to be a headache. Just make sure you choose a design company that has all of these traits, and you’ll be sure to choose the right service provider.
- Experience—You want to make sure the graphic design firm you hire has proper experience handling all types of design work. The design industry is plagued with newbie freelancers and inexperienced companies that simply don’t know what they’re doing. You need a company with a proven track record of delivering quality designs in a timely manner. Experienced companies will be likelier to take a professional approach than a new design firm.
- Familiarity with your industry—It’s important that your design firm actually understands your company and knows the challenges you face building a presence in your industry. The best design company will have worked within your industry in the past, so they’ll have an idea of what type of designs work best with reaching your target audience.
- Complete branding services—In addition to offering design work, it’s also important that your design firm offers complementary services like copywriting, internet marketing, SEO, and more. This way, you don’t have to hire a bunch of different companies (e.g. copywriting firms, SEO companies, etc.) to handle all of your marketing needs. Everything will come from under one roof, so you get a more consistent branding and marketing campaign.
- Good listening skills—Design is a cooperative process. It’s important that the graphic design firm you choose actually listens to you. You want them to pay attention to your needs, understand your goals, and incorporate your feedback into the final design they create. Too many design companies ignore clients and act independently, leaving clients unsatisfied.
- A strong portfolio—Before you hire any graphic design firm, you need to see examples of their work. The best design companies will be happy to show you samples of logos, websites, print ads, etc. that they have created in the past. If a design firm can’t show you a portfolio of their work, don’t do business with them.
Posted on Fri, January 14, 2011
by Brian Waraksa filed under