Still not convinced of the importance of email marketing? Don’t think it’s an effective tool your business can use to profit?
After you see these 10 shocking statistics (all courtesy of www.EmailStatCenter.com), you’ll think again.
- 94% of daily email users subscribed to marketing messages in 2010
- 57% of internet users worldwide said they are more apt to buy a product in a store after getting a marketing email.
- For every dollar spent on email marketing, marketers can expect about $40-$45 ROI.
- 42% of consumers said the best way to receive ads for sales and specials is via email.
- US Internet users engage with an average of 11.8 brands via Email, compared to 9.4 brands via Facebook and 7.9 brands via twitter. –
- 56% of US Internet users interact with brands only via marketing emails, compared to 1.3% who interact only via twitter and 0.7% by Facebook.
- If email was a country, its 1.4 billion users would make it the largest in the world. Bigger than China, bigger than the populations of the USA and European Union combined
- 59% of email users spend more than 20 minutes a week with permission email and 27% spend an hour or more weekly.
- Marketing e-mails using a house list are seeing an average open rate of nearly 20%, a click-through rate of 6.64% and a conversation rate of 1.73%
- More than one-half of adults said they were likely to open an e-mail containing promotions or coupons, and 30% said they would forward such an e-mail to others, up from 28% in 2008.
Whether you like it or not, email marketing is still alive and well. Email can be a powerful tool for lead generation, building customer loyalty, driving sales, branding, and so much more. And the great thing about email marketing is that everything can be tracked easily, so you know if it’s getting results for you or not.
Does your company have an email marketing campaign? How is it working for you?
Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Posted on Mon, February 14, 2011
by Brian Waraksa filed under